One Month Without Social Media? | TLD 03

February 10, 2019

Hello,
How are you? It feels like a loooooong time since I last sat down to write a blog post! I have had a busy few weeks between one thing and another, so I am so happy to finally be finding the time to sit down and write something. 
Today's post is a little life update thingy. To cut a long story short, at the end of January I thought it would be interesting to challenge myself to a whole month without using twitter and instagram. I feel like it can be really, really easy to fall into the trap of wasting so much time scrolling through social media. It's addictive. 
Although I think that social media can be an amazing thing, I do feel that it comes with a lot of negativity! I decided to see whether I could go a month without really using twitter and instagram. Ten days in and...it's actually going really well!
Two things I want to clarify; I am still using another twitter account I have which is dedicated solely to my academic interests, and I am also having to check instagram occasionally just to check whether I have received any DMs (but that literally takes me one minute!) Otherwise, I have been without it! I was scared at first that it would make me feel out of the loop, but I can't tell you how refreshing it has actually been. I have come to realise just how much you can get dragged into the world of social media and find yourself relying on it for reassurance of your self worth! It can be so toxic when you get too caught up in it. I definitely need to spend so much less time on it in the future. 
Anyway, that's a little update to explain why I have been so quiet online recently!
I hope you're all keeping well.

Thanks for stopping by!
Love always, 
Eve x

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I definitely need to stop going on social media so much - I do now turn my phone off earlier in the evenings, but I'll admit I'm pretty obsessed with it! xx

    Jessie | jessie-ann.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so easy to get obsessed with it! I can't even tell you how refreshing it has been to take a break from it! XX

      Delete