I DON'T CARE ANYMORE

September 30, 2018

I hope that my dramatic title caught your attention. I lied...a little. I do still care, I mean, I'm Eve Johnson. Over-thinker is my middle name. I am, however, learning to care less. I have come to the realisation that a lot of the choices I make and things I do have a lot to do with what other people think, rather than just going with it and doing what I want to do. I have let the worry of what people will think hold me back. I have always feared someone's opinion changing of me if I do certain things. I am learning to think more about myself (in a non-narcissistic way) in order to really live my best life (yes, cheesy, but it's the truth!)

I have so often let little worries get in the way of me doing things. So many 'what ifs'. So many times I have started things and let fear stop me from pushing forward. I mean, my YouTube channel is a great example, I think I have started a YouTube channel about 4 times in the past because it's something I have always wanted to do, but have put all of my videos on private due to me being in complete fear of people's judgment or what it could mean for my future, instead of just going for it and seeing what happens. I think it's so easy to fall in to the trap of letting fear dominate your life and your decisions; what if I sound dumb? What if they don't like me? What if I fail? Instead of thinking; what if I can have a positive impact on someone or something? They might actually like me for being me! What if I succeed? Life is all about making choices. Sometimes you make the right ones and sometimes the wrong ones. That's how it is. Trying is the most important thing. Grow, don't rot. Keep moving and trying things. I am so determined to do things in my life. To go places. Take risks. I cannot settle for boring. 

I am learning not to care as much. I am working on not caring too much about people's opinion, because the only people I need and want in my life are those that push me, that encourage me, comfort me, celebrate with me and care for me. People who judge and hold us back are not good for our progress. 

So, I'm going for it a little more. Worrying a little less. I will always be someone who cares, especially about people's opinion, but I don't want that holding me back. 

Worry less about failure, worrying about it only holds you back. We are all going to fail at some things. Failure actually shapes us as humans, it can make us; stronger, smarter, more compassionate, more sensitive, or less sensitive, more resilient, less arrogant, more switched on, more determined. etc. etc. We can choose to either let failure stop us or inspire us. Failure has the potential to give us the inspiration to be better, to learn, to grow. Always remember that everyone fails at some point at something, everyone is on their own journey and will overcome their own obstacles; big and small. Stop let fear hold you back from just having a go; fear of what people will think, fear of not being good enough, fear of failing. Have a go. Just go for it. You may win, and you may lose, but at least you won't be asking yourself 'what if?'

Caring is so important, but don't let that stop you from growing to reach your potential and living your fullest life. 

Love always,

Eve

Wanna hear more from me? 
I'm on twitter: click here
& I'm on instagram: click here

xxx

You Might Also Like

0 comments