Book review: Revenge wears Prada

March 29, 2014

Hello lovely people,


Happy one week anniversary to my blog! I hope you're enjoying it SO far! Here's to many more weeks!!
Today, I'm going to be writing a book review. I have no idea of how to write one, so I'm just going to give it a go & hope that I've (kind of) written a decent review. 
Enjoy!
FACTFILE: 
Title- 'revenge wears prada'
Author- Lauren Weisberger
Content- 5.5/10
Enjoyment- 7/10
Overall rating- 6/10


I never actually read the first book 'devil wears prada' I did instead watch the rather glorious film starring Meryl Streep and Anne Hathaway. I thoroughly enjoyed the film therefore, when I saw that the second book in the series was released last year (summer 2013) I decided to give it a go. I grabbed it off the shelf in Tesco (it was at a fantastic price) and added it to my reading list.

One of my hopes for the new year was to read more. I decided that 'revenge wears prada' would be my first book to read.

The book follows Andrea Sachs a decade after working at Runway. She is now best friends with her former enemy Emily who she co-owns bridal magazine 'The Plunge' with and is venturing into married life with Max Harrison.

But it isn't all rainbows and buttercups. Oh No! Of course, there has to be drama.
Andy will be reunited with the devil herself, Miranda Priestly.
And will experience huge betrayal.


Personally, I really enjoyed the book. I found it was a book that I could read and feel relaxed, and I wouldn't have to concentrate too much. Although I would personally recommend it to any devil wears prada fans, it has had mixed reviews.
Some say that they were terribly disappointed over the lack of Miranda & Some actually described the book as 'terrible' (Very harsh, and I'd disagree!)
The book isn't for everyone but, I really loved reading it! Let's hope for a sequel film!!

Have a great weekend! Take care! Xx










You Might Also Like

0 comments