Friendships

June 08, 2014

Haia everyone!

Trying a different font today, how exciting (not really!)

It feels like such a while since I last wrote a post and I am terribly sorry for missing Friday's Fit4Friday post- there is a very special one coming to you this  Friday to make up for it! 

Today, I decided to write a post on friendships. We are all trying to find our way in this world and having mates is important. It is often hard to know whether you have a genuine friendship with someone. 
I am going to be exploring what I believe are the qualities you should look for in a friend and what a real friend is.

What is the definition of a friend? 
'a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.'

The key word here is MUTUAL. You can't have one person pulling the other's weight while gaining nothing in return. 

I personally find that having friends of different ages is a great thing. I feel that I am accepted for who I am by women that I meet. ACCEPTANCE is so very important. These people play key parts in my life for the reason they like me for me. 

What qualities should you look for in a friend?

Emotional intelligence.

For me, this is extremely important. A good friend will be aware of your needs and values. They'll always respect your beliefs. 
A friend who lacks empathy and maturity wouldn't be considered a real friend.

Loyalty.

A good friend NEEDS to be loyal. A friend who will stick with you through thick and thin whatever the situation, they'll always be there for you.

Honesty.

Lying shouldn't happen in a friendship. You have to be honest with each other. This is one of the most important qualities, as you can put trust in someone who is honest. Trust then means that both people feel comfortable to open up to one and other.

Being supportive. 

Again, hugely important. If your friend is having a tough time then you should be there to listen. BOTH/ALL friends should be prepared to listen to each other's situations however big or small they may be. 

Being sensitive.

If you're sensitive you make good friends. You should always ensure that you're sensitive of the other's feelings because what may not be hurtful to you, may hurt them. 

Enjoyment

In a friendship you should enjoy each other's company. Humour plays a big part in this as humour can bring out a lot of happiness. Although, humour isn't the biggest part of friendship. Yes, you can have someone who makes you laugh all the time, but are they there for you when you really need it?
You should be happy in your friendship otherwise there is no point. 

A true friend should never pressure you into something you're not comfortable with. They must always respect your feelings. 



NBC FRIENDS WB STUDIOS. I do not own. 
"A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself"


Who is your closest friend? or do you have lots of friends?

Thanks for reading, I hope it was helpful!

Have a lovely week.

Take care,
Eve xx

FOLLOW ME ON THE FOLLOWING PRETTY PLEASE...

Bloglovin' : HERE!!
Twitter: HERE!!
Instagram: @haiaeve 


You Might Also Like

0 comments