Looking back at my NYC holiday!

June 04, 2014

Hello everyone,

How are you all? I'm hoping that your week is running smoothly so far, if not- keep positive!

As I promised, today I am going to be doing a post sharing my experiences in the big apple. It was an amazing trip, filled with lovely memories!

I thought the best way to summarise the trip would be to put it in 'my favourite 10 things/moments' so that's what I'll do..
(No particular order) 

1. Times Square



If you go to New York you MUST visit Times Square! It is absolutely incredible! It's shocking just how many people pass through the area in one day- let's just say very different to how many you'd see strolling around a street in Wales!
My most favourite thing about Times Square apart from the atmosphere and bright billboards are the shops & boy there are lots of them! But we'll talk more about shopping later on!

2. Cher Lloyd



I was very lucky to have the opportunity to meet Cher Lloyd on her album 'Sorry I'm Late' 's release date. She was very kind to all her excited fans as they greeted her.
I've had a listen to the new album and I really enjoyed it!

3. The Cripple of Inishmaan



This show was probably the highlight of my whole trip! I've actually written a post on just this show: HERE!! It's absolutely fantastic, a mixture of being hilarious and also moving! The acting was of a very, very high standard, I wish I could re-watch it! 
I was very fortunate to meet Daniel after the show & he was lovely!

4. Visiting the Friends apartment

I am personally a massive FRIENDS fan! I love it, therefore I decided I had to visit the exterior of the apartment (the actual apartment is a studio in the Warner Bros studios) It was surreal to see the building in real life after seeing it pop up on the tellie screen time and time again!

5. Central Park


In the above picture I am in front of the Alice in Wonderland statue in the park which I made sure I visited! 
Central Park is huge! It is amazing and there is so much to see. It's crazy how many people you see going for a jog across the paths, a different site to anything you'd expect in my local park!
I randomly met Ronan Keating (boyzone) in the park one day as he was filming something!

6. 5 Napkin Burger



I spoke about this amazing place too in a previous post: HERE!!
All I can say is this place is probably my favourite eating location in the city- it's amazing!!

7. Top of the rock


I highly recommend that if you get a chance you go to the top of the rock! The views are spectacular, absolutely breathtaking!! I visited at 10pm and the lights you see looking down at the city are amazing!

8. 9/11 memorial

A very fitting way to remember those who lost their lives in such a horrific event. Worth visiting.

9. Shopping



Above, just a few of my (many) purchases! I couldn't resist raiding the stores for bargains! So many shops to chose from and you can practically find anything!
My favourite shops:
Aeropostale
Victoria's Secret
Duane Reade
Bath & Body Works 
Forever 21

10. Food




Yes, probably a calories over load in this picture, but I don't care- It was amazing! A burger at the blackwells pub (sorry for the blurry picture)
One of the amazing things about NYC is food any time of the day whenever you want. YOU CAN HAVE BREAKFAST FOR SUPPER! I am a massive food fan, so breakfast in NYC was amazing!


So there we have it!
Thanks so much for reading!

Have a lovely week!
Talk soon!
Take care,
Eve xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments