Fit4Friday #3

April 25, 2014

Hello everyone!

IT'S FRIDAY!! I hope that you've all had a wonderful week. 

Today I am going to share with you another core exercise (see previous: F4F#2 ) and also a post/pre workout snack.

Without further or do...LET'S GO!

Pelvic bridge

This is actually one of my favourite exercises to do for my core. It isn't too complicated and you can feel it working (if you do it correctly)

Start position

You want to lie on your back (on a comfortable surface) with your knees bent, pointing upwards. Keep you arms to the side of your body and ensure that you're feet are fairly close to your bum and that your knees aren't flaring outwards. Keep your spine neutral


From that position you need to flatten your back off (back flat to floor) and by engaging your core (sucking your stomach in) and tilting pelvis, begin to lift your bum and back off the floor- your neck, shoulders and head should remain on the floor.

Make sure that you hold a strong position (engaging core and tensing  glute muscles) for around 3-5 counts.

You then want to slowly lower your hips to the floor until you're in your start position (if you feel uncomfortable circle your back into the floor) 


Once you've done it once you're going to repeat it about 6-10 times.

Where the exercise targets: lower back, abs & glutes.

Snack time!!

If like me, you get hungry before and after your exercise you'd be happy to know that I have a perfect pre/post workout snack to share.

I cannot stress how important eating before and after an exercise is but I'd recommend leaving a gap between your pre workout snack and the workout itself. 


Dried fruits & nuts

Not only will these two combined give you a source of protein, fibre and your '5-a-day' (is it 7-a-day by now?) but they are high on energy- which is important (pre and post workout)



I buy mine in big bags of nut mixes, dried exotic fruits, raisins, dried fruit & trail mix (muesli is great too!) 
I like to mix all into a container meaning that I'm having a bit of everything!
The best part of it is you can eat a very small amount or a larger amount (although I wouldn't recommend over indulging!) And I personally find them very tasty. One of my personal favourites is dried bananas- oh my goodness! So yummy!!



I hope that you've enjoyed today's F4F!
Good luck if you give the workout a go and I hope you'll enjoy the little snack idea!

Have an amazing weekend!

Thanks for reading.
Take care,
Eve xx

Clothing:

USA pro racer vest: USA pro or sports direct
USA pro leggins: USA pro or sports direct

follow me on bloglovin' : haiaeve 



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment!
      Of course, that would be great! I've followed!

      Delete