TTT: Who am I?

April 22, 2014

Too often we're hearing tragic stories of how the modern day teenager is falling under the pressure of society.
Apparently we all have to act a certain way in order to gain respect and happiness. This isn't the case.

In order for us to defeat society's ever changing image of the 'perfect teen' we need to start acting against it.

How?

This is terribly hard because often it can be terribly easy to be a sheep (Sheep all look the same, so do teenagers) and like what everyone else likes, do what everyone else does, wear what everyone else wears, but this isn't getting you noticed (Please note that I talk about getting noticed positively and not for doing something outragious!)
If you start showing your own character (This can be expressed in many forms: clothes, attitude, personality, actions) then you will begin to gain respect from others.
By being an individual or rather being YOURSELF you'll also feel more comfortable and happier possibly.
For me, this was expressed by my love for retro fashion- I decided to start expressing my own style instead of following the crowd and also my need to often say no if asked to do something I don't wish to do. If I don't feel comfortable, I will say instead of suffering. And instead of agreeing with something I perhaps don't agree with I will disagree.
By making these SMALL changes you are building a character for yourself and this often leads to more self-respect and respect off others. I have also found that it leads to more inner confidence aiding me when approaching and talking to people.

Consider who you are. What you like. What you want to do with your life.

Thanks for reading!

Take care everyone.
Eve xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments