A BROADWAY SHOW: The Cripple of Inishmaan

May 31, 2014

I decided that one of the things I had to do while visiting New York was watch a Broadway show. 
I passed the Cort theatre on a few occasions to be told by my Mother that 'The Cripple of Inishmaan' had brilliant reviews from when it was showing in London's West End, I was tempted (mostly by the giant picture of brilliant British actor Daniel Radcliffe). 



We decided as a family to go see the show on Tuesday. 
We were seated in the box, which had a great outlook of the stage. I was unsure if I'd enjoy the show as it is based during 1930s Ireland. I thought I'd find it boring and confusing.

I couldn't have been more wrong. The show was advertised as 'hilarious' and it was just that. Laughter from all ages. 
The show cleverly shows people's attitude's towards people and how people would have been socially treated during the period. 

The cast were all fantastic. 
Dan Radcliffe as cripple billy- shows clear talent playing a role very different to his usual. Fabulous performance!
Sarah Greene- Let's just say I can understand why she's been nominated for a Tony award. Absolutely great!
Ingrid Craigie & Gillian Hanna- Absolutely hilarious!
Conor Macneill- Very funny!
June Watson & Patt Shortt- Hilarious duo!
Padraic Delaney & Gary Lilburn- Wonderful.

I cannot praise the show enough! Congratulations Michael & all the team that made it happen. I'd watch again in a heartbeat!

Travelling back to the UK today.

Take care,
Eve xx



You Might Also Like

0 comments