Embracing Life

September 11, 2014


Hello everyone!
It feels like AGES since we last spoke doesn't it? I'm terribly sorry, but I took a day off Tuesday- I hope you didn't miss me too much! 
I'M BACK THOUGH! And today we're going to be having a little chat about the importance of embracing life.

google images

I think sometimes we forget to look around and appreciate the things in our life right now. Sometimes, this can be terribly difficult as we often find ourselves looking back and dwelling on the past or looking forward and worrying about what could be. We have to learn to live in the present. 
I'm a person who really appreciates all of those around me and appreciate all the things that are given to me and offered to me. Despite this, I do often worry about letting my loved ones down or even losing my loved ones in the future. I don't do this obsessively, but I will admit that I have wasted hours worrying about things that I have no control over instead of living and enjoying what is happening in the moment.

A lesson for everyone is, no matter what the situation is, there is absolutely no point worrying about it because quite simply, worrying CANNOT change it. The only way to change a situation or make it better is to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.  It's very simple, but very difficult too. It's easy to worry about something and fixate on it, but it's pointless. 

Another lesson: Stop waiting for the "perfect" person to come into your life, this again is pointless and a waste of time. You should instead be enjoying those already there who care for you and who love you. If that person is going to come, they'll come. 
Don't waste valuable time with those you love, thinking about what could be better or how your time with them could be better. 

I would make an image in my head of how something was going to go if it where to go perfectly (What I'd say, what they'd say etc.) and then if when that something came around and didn't go as I planned, I'd be very disappointed (unless it went better!) It's so important to live in the moment and take the situations as they come and perform to YOUR best ability, you can't 100% plan how something will happen. 

I've come home angry with myself a few times for not being confident or for not performing to my best abilities. I mean this in ridiculous circumstances, not in a performance or speech etc. I mean in a conversation where I basically don't think I've come across good enough, so end up coming home and beating up about it. This is silly. As I said before, there is NO POINT worrying about it (normally I'm being over anxious too and it hasn't gone half as bad as I think!) all you have to do is work on 'performing' better next time.

I've come to realise that all these little worries or things that I used to think about have stopped me from enjoying the moment. Life is moving terribly quick and it's too short to be wasted on worrying.

The real advice behind this post is: Embrace your life for what it is. You have a unique life to everyone else, so make sure that you live your life to it's full potential. Sometimes, it's hard. Just try. 

Thanks for reading!
Take care,
Eve xx






You Might Also Like

0 comments