topical - gay marriage (my views)

June 27, 2015

Today's topic of choice is one that will be viewed in many different ways. I do certainly hope that people will take a very fair and kind view at it. Gay marriage is today's topic. 

I view gay marriage in one way; the same way as I view a heterosexual marriage. Personally, I see marriage as a celebration of love and commitment and I believe that everyone deserves the right, the equal right to be able to experience that. 

I personally do not identify as gay, but I know a few homosexual people in my personal life and can I say, they are wonderful people. There are so many heterosexual people out in this big world that aren't so wonderful. I'm not saying that all homosexual people are wonderful either, but I don't think it's fair that good people who are attracted to people of their own sex aren't given equal rights, despite their character. 
Why shouldn't people be allowed to marry someone of the same gender as them? 

Think about it this way:

Two twins: Jake and Ben
Both are 24
Both look identical
Both give money to charity
Both do the same job every day
Jake is heterosexual and Ben is homosexual. Is it only Jake that should be able to get married because he's straight?
Think about it.

I am so happy that the USA have allowed gay marriage nationwide. What a massive leap forward towards equality. 

SOURCE CREDIT


Thanks for reading!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Love, Eve
xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments