Week Of Happiness - Day 1 - we are so lucky.

July 06, 2015

Day One - "we are so lucky"

Welcome to the first edition in my 5 post WEEK OF HAPPINESS series. Today's post is titled 'we are so lucky'. Firstly, please think about it; do you consider yourself lucky? 

I've personally spent a lot of time complaining about what others have and I don't have or what hasn't gone perfectly well. I feel like we can get caught up in an illusion of what someone who's lucky looks like and what a perfect life they lead. In reality, everyone has something in their life they want to change whether it be your environment, your figure, your face, your career, the people you know etc. I don't think there is one person in this world is 100% content with their life. 

For a lot of people, my life would be something they aspire to because, I am lucky enough to have warm clothes, a home, my own room, a television, wifi, a phone, an education etc, whereas others would see my life very differently; I don't have all the designer branded clothes, the mansion size house, the newest gadgets and that's okay because everyone's ideal way of life is different. Remember even the people who have so much less than us can have something to be grateful for and all the people who have far more always have something they else they want in life. I'm not calling people who are better off than me snobs, I am just showing you the variation between different people. 

I have days where I feel utterly terrible and nothing is going my way, and other days where I feel absolutely blessed to be able to live my life the way I do. It's human to feel down about life, but remember you are lucky in some way; whether that be in terms of friends, family, experiences, possessions (don't let your happiness be materialistic though) , food or anything else. We are lucky. I am lucky. You are lucky. You are lucky to be able to read this post, I know that sounds so cocky, but what I mean by that is you are lucky to be able to have the opportunity to read blogs on your laptop or your phone or whatever. 

google images

We are lucky to be able to make our own decisions everyday. We are lucky to have people around us who are great. We are lucky to have the strength to move, to walk, to sing, to dance. 

I have been doing a lot of thinking recently and I've been feeling a bit worried about losing people close to me, worried that one day I won't see them as often as I like, but reflecting on this it has really put into perspective how lucky I am to have people that I care about that much in my life.

google images

Remember: little things mean a lot. Appreciate that. 

Wow! I went deep! I hope this post was okay to read.
I challenge you to list 3 things you feel you are lucky to have in your life. 
See you in tomorrow's post :)

Love, Eve
xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments