just give it a go.

August 23, 2015

Hello,

Welcome back to my blog - very sorry that it has been so long since my last post (almost a week). 
Today I wanted to do an inspiring post because recently I have been feeling very inspired and hopeful about the future and the possibilities the future brings. I have always been brought up with the 'you can do it if you try' attitude, I learnt that from loved ones from a very young age. It's an important attitude to have. What's the worst that can happen if you give it a go? Someone who very much inspires this philosophy in people, me included, is Helen Skelton.

When I think about Helen I really think about the positive impact she had on me during my transition from child to teenage years. I was full of admiration while watching her completing her own challenges.

Helen presented Blue Peter for over 5 brilliant years (2008-13) and during those years I learnt a lot. That's what is fantastic about Blue Peter is that you can learn so much during a space of one episode; whether it be about yourself, the world, science, history etc. I really value the influence Blue Peter had on my life. Helen was 'my' presenter (every BP viewer has 'their' presenter). 
The main lesson I learnt from Helen is that anything is possible. She took on massive personal challenges and conquered them. 
Some of those massive challenges included running in the Namibia ultra marathon, kayaking the Amazon and walking on a tight rope between the chimneys of Battersea Power Station.

CREDIT - BBC© HERE
I always described Helen as being my heroine (female hero, not the drug), I even wrote a speech about her for my thanksgiving service in primary school as she was one of my first real, strong female role models.
In May of this year a big dream of mine came true; I got to meet her at the Hay Festival. Her talk was full of inspiring stories and really made me reflect on my goals. Meeting Helen was a real honour for me, getting to speak to her and give her a card thanking her for all she's given me was something I'd always hoped to do. 
Since meeting her I decided to be different and to give things a go. I took the plunge and signed up for a Zumba and fitness instructor course and it payed off. I have so many hopes and aspirations for the future and I feel like I owe Helen Skelton for really giving me belief that things are possible through all that she has achieved. 

Thank you Helen (if you happen to be reading this) and congratulations on motherhood.


The final words for this post are: Just give it a go.

Love, Eve
xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments