Goodbye 2015

December 30, 2015

I can hardly believe I am writing a 'goodbye 2015' post. Where did this past year go?

2015 has been the best year of my life. I feel so proud of all I've been able to achieve, all the people I've met and bonds I've grown. I'm going to use this post as a way to thank 2015 and all it has given me. 



1. Relationships.

This year has been a year where I have been fortunate to meet so many inspiring, beautiful and life changing people. It has been a year where I've said goodbye to others. This year I've really been able to enjoy and appreciate the relationships I already have and to build on them. 

2. Zumba.

I am a crazy Zumba girl. It is one of my biggest loves in life and this year I was fortunate enough to become a Zumba instructor. Zumba has played a huge part in my year. Through Zumba I've met so many new people, made people smile, made people laugh and I've also been lucky to feel part of the Zumba family. (promo to my zumba instagram: @zumbawitheve)

3. Qualifications.

Although brilliant, 2015 has had it's stressful times. Revising for my exams was a very tiring and difficult time in the year, but upon reflection I am able to see that hard work does pay off. Along with passing school exams, I managed to qualify as a fitness instructor this year too, something I invested a lot of money, time and determination into.

4. New job.

I got my first job this year, something I wasn't sure would happen, but did. I am so excited to start working in the new year.

5. Confidence.

My confidence this year has grown immensely. I never thought I'd be able to confidently stand up and have the courage to speak in front of lots of people, but I can. I have grown so much and feel so much more open about things with people, such as my blog...something I once feared I'd be judged about.

6. Moving on.

I've learnt this year that things do change and that cannot be helped. Sometimes you just have to move on and not dwell on things.

7. Stop relying on others.

I used to rely waaaaay too much on others and it came to a point where they would end up hurting me, now I have to rely on myself for happiness - a lesson I've learnt this past year.

8. Blogging is a gift.

I have found blogging to have really helped me learn in 2015 and come to realise how precious it is to be able to look back at past posts and see all the good things I've achieved, and how I've developed over the time I've been blogging. Blogging has been a huge tool to de-stressing my 2015 and for that I am so grateful.

9. Meeting Helen Skelton.

Meeting Helen is one of my favourite memories from 2015 because Helen has played a huge part in my life since I was a little girl, she has played a big part in shaping me into the person I am today. 

10. 'Me Time'

I've learnt this year the importance of taking time to myself, to just step back from the situation. I have driven myself to a point of exhaustion in the past with all the work I've done. I've had to stop being such a perfectionist this year, because it wasn't healthy. Sometimes you need a break to just watch your fave show (PLL or Once Upon A Time would suit me fine ;)). 


I am so thankful for this year. It's been a huge lesson and has been full of things I am so proud of. I hope your 2015 was good. 

Love,

      

xoxo

keep up to date with me - follow me here:

You Might Also Like

0 comments