Being YOU- Goals & Ambitions

July 27, 2014

HEY!
How are we on this glorious sunday? Well, I hope!

Today I thought I'd do a "being YOU" post, as I really believe it's extremely important to be ourselves and make the best of all we have.
 I'm not sure if this will be a once in a while series, we'll just have to wait and see!

Todays topic is goals and ambitions. 

I thought first of all that these two things meant exactly the same thing, but that isn't the case.

A goal= Something that you hope to achieve
An ambition= Something you strongly desire to achieve

Goals are normally associated as a more short term thing, e.g my goal is to pass my most recent piece of coursework.
Ambitions are a more long term desire, e.g my ambition is to become an instructor.

Why are having these two things important to you as a person? 

Because my lovely reader, having a goal gives you something to strive for, it gives you some short term motivation and determination, and if you reach the goal set it gives you a sense of achievement. 
The same goes for having ambitions, having a strong ambition ensures that you're always working towards achieving it and if you get there, you'll feel brilliant. 
Having goals and ambitions can define you as a person, someone who has goals and ambitions appears to be a more determined person and it also shows people that you have something you want to do with your life. If you achieve your goals/ambitions you will feel good as a person too for being successful!






 You may be reading this and be thinking, how exactly do I make and stick to my goals and ambitions? Well as I am very helpful (hehe!) I've listed my three top tips to help you out...

1. Make sure you actually want it. Don't make a goal or ambition to suit others, it has to be something you're passionate about and something you want to reach!
2. Be realistic. Although I think aiming high can be great on many occasions, you have to realistic about what you can and can't achieve. Being realistic can mean you're not too disappointed and you could end up getting further than you hoped. Consider the time you've got, what resources you've got, your skills etc and then set your goal/ambition
3. My final tip is don't put pressure on yourself. Like I spoke of in my previous tip, you have to be realistic. If you don't get there the first time, give it another go! Don't put too much pressure on yourself, because sometimes things don't go quite your way, so don't put yourself down about there, there is always another chance (most of the time anyway!) 





 Good Luck if you're working towards achieving something, you can do it, keep going!


So there we have it for todays post!
Thanks very much for reading!!

Take care,
Eve xx


All images used in this post have been sourced from google images- none of which I own.


You Might Also Like

0 comments