F4F#13- 4 tips to lead a healthier lifestyle

July 18, 2014

HAAAAAPPPPPYYYYYY FFRRIIIIDDDDAAAAAYYYY!!!!

Today I thought it would be appropriate to share with you four small ways to make your life just a little more healthy, these are little tweaks you could make to your life that I think are very effective at changing the way you feel. Summer is coming and we all want to feel good! 

1. A little more exercise goes a long way....

Staying active can lead to a much healthier lifestyle. It is good for your inside and for your outside. 
There are a large array of exercises out there, I believe there's something out there for everyone to enjoy, whether it be walking the dog, going for a jog, circuits class, swimming, horse riding, dancing, going to the gym etc. 
People are often put off exercising by the thought of going to a gym and they don't consider the bigger picture:
The definition of exercise: activity requiring physical effort, carried out to sustain or improve health and fitness...
doesn't going for a walk cover that? Obviously you can do as much as you want, as long as you are keeping that body moving instead of sitting on the couch 24/7!

2. Balanced diet...

I HATE, HATE, HATE IT when people assume to lead a healthy life you're not allowed to eat chocolate cake... How miserable would life be without a piece of chocolate or a slice of cake now and again? (I know some people could live without it, I for one couldn't!)  The secret to living a healthy lifestyle is moderation and balancing the amount you eat. My advice would be that if you think you eat too much cake then cut down and substitute it for something with more nutritional value...you don't have to cut it out of your life all together, just try to decrease your intake. I would recommend decreasing it slowly, for example, if you eat 4 packets of crisps a day, cut it down to 3 and then 2 and then to 1. The truth is you can over eat on the healthy stuff so you have to remember to balance that out too!

3. WATER

This is advice I'm sure you've heard 100+ times, but it is very important.
Did you know hunger and thirst transmit the same message to your brain so often your tricked into thinking you're hungry when you're actually thirsty? 
I know lots of people hate the taste of water as it's a bit plain jane, I was on the same boat, but recently I've grown to love the stuff! It's very refreshing and makes me feel as if I'm putting something good in my body. 
Water has so many benefits to your cells, heart and to your skin. Keeping hydrated especially in the hot summer is very important.
Really hate the taste of water? add some lemon or lime? or maybe squash?

4. Sleeping

Getting a good nights sleep is very important to your health, it also puts you in a better mood and gives you more energy to take on the day.
By sleeping you're burning calories- brilliant!
Having a good sleep leads to you feeling re-booted, fresh and ready to take on your day!


Photo source: http://www.puremusclecoaches.nl (I don't own)
Thank you very much for reading!
Have an amazing weekend!

Take care,
Eve xx


**All opinions voiced in this post are my own or researched. I am not an expert.**

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great tips! Although I have so much trouble drinking more water haha! I always reach for a pop or juice. I think I need to find a way to make water more fun to drink!

    Would love if you check out my blog
    Raincouver Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I know what you mean, I was exactly the same, I've just got used to the taste! There are so many ways to add a little flavour to your water (adding fruits or even some sugar free fruit squash?!) Had a look at your blog, it's lovely! Thanks for stopping by mine! :)

      Delete