DEALING WITH LOSS: A YEAR ON

November 02, 2014

Hello everyone!

So a few months back I wrote a post "TTT- Dealing with the loss of a loved one" and today, on the year anniversary of my granddad's death, I thought it would be appropriate to share a post on the aftermath of losing someone. I hope you find this post useful if you're going through anything similar.



They all say that it get's easier and it's the truth, it does. To this day I miss him terribly. As do the others who's life he touched. We often share a moment where we wish he was still with us. 

I'd be lying if I said that I haven't broken down in tears a few times this year. It hurts when something spectacular happens in life and he isn't here to hear about it. My life has changed so much this year, I've developed so much as a person and it hurts that he isn't here to see it.

I really miss Bamps because he always accepted me no matter what and would always find away to cheer me up, if I was feeling down his smile would automatically cheer me up. 

You come to understand that how you feel is normal. And sadly, death and moving on is part of life. 
Losing someone close to you really puts into perspective how lucky you are to have people in your life. It also reminds you how much of an impact the person you've lost had on your life. It absolutely breaks my heart to see my nan missing him so much, and it's so important that as a family you're there to support those hurting the most.

Even though it gets easier, that doesn't mean there'll be days where you won't feel hurt, upset or heartbroken. A year on, you're still allowed to be upset about it. Just don't let that sadness get in the way of the rest of your life, because life is moving forward and sometimes you just have to get on with it. 

The big thing is: Just because they've passed doesn't mean they're no longer with you. They're always with you and the impact they had on your life will stay with you. Be thankful that they were part of your life and celebrate the memories they gave you.

Places to go for help:
NHS - dealing with loss, grief or an emotional crisis
Open To Hope
Cruse
Meic (Wales)
Childline

Lots of love,
Eve

You Might Also Like

0 comments