F4F#36 - how to have a healthier mind set

May 01, 2015

Fit 4 Friday is a series that I created in order to inspire readers to keep themselves healthy. If I was to ask people what they thought be healthy mean they'd respond; 'exercising' or 'eating healthily', when in fact good health and well being lies under four main factors: Physical, Intellectual, Emotional and Social health. Therefore, when considering whether you are a healthy being you must look into what role these four factors play on your health.

Today I wanted to discuss having a healthier mind set, this means keeping your mind healthy and happy. A huge factor on mind set is how you view things and how you approach things. Some people would see a tree has collapsed in the middle of road and would cry/give up, others would find an alternative route. I know there have been times where I've been the first person, but I do believe for the majority I am the second.

google images

Today, in order to help you to re-evaluate your views or just to improve your mind set (for the better) in some way, I thought I'd list a few of my top tips. Keep in mind I have my down days, but these are some things that help me keep a positive, clear head.

1 - Have time to yourself - Sometimes when the world all gets a little too overwhelming I like to take time to myself, away from people to do things that relax me. This could be blogging, reading, listening to music or just sitting quietly and still.

2 - Stay active - For me, keeping fit really boosts my mood and leaves me feeling a lot more positive.

3 - Take a step back - If something is stressing you out or worrying you, step back from the situation and evaluate methods to overcome the situation.

4 - People - Surround yourself with people who make you feel good about yourself.

5 - 'It could be a lot worse' - You have to remember (as hard as it is sometimes) that there is someone in the world going through something a lot worse.

6 - It's not the end of the world - Don't dwell on things that haven't gone your way, as most of the time you'll have another opportunity to redeem yourself.

7 - Set realistic goals - If you set a goal that is sustainable, you'll feel happy when you've achieved it. Setting goals that aren't achievable will leave you feeling disappointed and upset with yourself.

8 - Smile and laugh - Laughing and smiling with people you care for is often the best medicine and it doesn't cost a penny.

9 - Look back - Not looking back at regrets, but looking back at all the good memories you have had in your life and all the times you have achieved something you are proud of.

10 - Treasure the little things - 'little things mean a lot'. When someone takes time out of their day to chat to me it gives me a huge boost for the whole day or when I have a lovely lunch it makes me feel good, little things like that can add a lot of substance to your day.

I hope you liked my tips!
Have a great weekend!
Love, Eve
xx
 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Lovely post Eve :) I think I am probably always the first person initially when it comes to the tree situation but I'm trying my best to be a little more positive and to not get so worried about everything! As you know exercising really helps me keep positive too.. and treasuring the little things is a big one too! xx

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess:) I am someone who worries about a lot of different things, but I do try to look at things in the most positive way possible. Exercising is my favourite thing to do on a down day not only for the physical element, but also the social element. Treasuring little things is so important as sometimes it's easy to take them for granted! xxx

      Delete