7 things I love about New York

April 26, 2015

Just under a year ago I went to New York and I am desperate to go back. I really miss being there, it is so different to every day life in Carmarthen, don't get me wrong I love living where I live, but being in such an iconic city like NYC is surreal. 

I thought today I'd share 7 things I love about New York and some photos. 



1. Everything is so big. The buildings are absolutely huge, if you try to look up and see the top you feel as if you're about to fall backwards.

2. Everywhere there is something. There is absolutely something for everyone in New York: the famous sights, parks, shops etc. Everyday there is something different, you can never get bored.



3. The shops. I absolutely love the shopping experience in New York, mainly because there are so many different shops there. I'd heard so much about Forever 21, Bath & Body Works and Aeropostale from watching "beauty gurus" on YouTube, so I was so excited to actually go there myself.

4. Celebs. If you are a bit of a celebrity spotter (like me), New York is a brilliant place. On my first trip I saw Jedward walking on the same street as me and on the second I met Cher Lloyd, Ronan Keating and Daniel Radcliffe. 


5. New possibilities/blogging. I don't know if I'm being cheesy, but there's a hope of being able to achieve something in New York. Everyone there is unique and it's a breath of fresh air. 
You don't feel as if people are judging you as much, I was able to take so many outfit photos for my blog there without anyone lifting an eyebrow. Blogging is a big thing in America, I lost count of the amount of times I saw a blogger taking photos for their blog.


6. The closeness to home. We visited St Paul's Chapel which was the chapel where the rescue force rested during 9/11. It was crazy to see that there was a collection of police force badges from all over the world and one of them one was my local police (see photo below) 'Heddlu'



7. Finally, the iconic sites. It is mad to think that you're standing where so many huge films and TV shows have been filmed. I was able to visit the exterior of the Friends apartment, visit Waverly Place etc and it felt so odd.


Have you ever been to New York?

I hope you enjoyed today's post.
Thanks for reading!

Love, Eve
xx


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Great pics!! I love New York!! This is making me want to visit again!!!
    LeviJade xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am desperate to go back - such an amazing city! xx

      Delete
  2. It is my DREAM to visit new york! Loved this post, and i can't wait to experience newyork myself.
    Hopefully i get to go someday :)

    X, Carina
    Running White Horses | Fashion + Travel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carina, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. I really hope that you get the opportunity to go one day - it's such an amazing city to experience! xx

      Delete