5 TIPS : STOP SUFFERING WITH STRESS

January 10, 2016

Hi all!
Is it just me, or has this weekend flown by so quickly that you hardly had a second to sit still? 
This weekend has been exhausting for me; I've had so much work to take on after returning from Christmas holidays that it hasn't felt at all like a weekend should (relaxing or filled with activities you actually enjoy), it instead has been filled with feeling overwhelmed and tired. I have finally said bye-bye to my work for today in order to just chill out. I will have to tackle the work another day. 
I now finally have time to sit down and put together a post, and thought, wouldn't it be great timing to put together one about tackling the feeling of stress? I know lots of us do get overwhelmed at this time of year with all we have to do, so thought a post like this might help. 


Here are 5 ways to STOP THE STRESS! (or to try to decrease it)

1. Exercise is your bestie.
....and I'm not just saying that because I'm a fitness blogger. There is so much research that proves that exercise is amazing at decreasing your stress levels. I find that doing a bit of exercise on a hectic/full-on day really, really helps. So, if you're feeling stressed, put on those trainers and just run...

2. Give it a break.
Taking yourself away from the situation that is stressing you out is often the best thing to do. It gives you time to focus on something else and to think of more stress-free ways of tackling it later.

3. Re-evaluate it's importance...
Ask yourself: 'is it worth all this stress and worry?' and with your answer come up with a strategy of how you'll move forward.

4. Chat to someone.
Often getting all that stress off your chest, rather than holding it in can make you feel 100 times better, so let someone know how you are feeling.

5. Make a list.
This won't solve all stress problems, but for the stressful situations where you have so much to do and have a to-do list building up in your head, write it all down. I feel like visually seeing what you have to do makes it so much easier to keep on top of things. Also, schedule what you are going to do when, so that you give yourself time to complete the tasks, but also time to chill out.

I'm not normally one who gets really stressed, but when I do having tips like these can be very helpful.


I hope you liked the tips!
Thanks for reading!

Speak to you on Wednesday!

Lots of Love,

      


You Might Also Like

0 comments