How To Make The Gym Your Favourite Place.

January 06, 2016

...okay, maybe not your FAVOURITE place, but somewhere close to that.
The truth is, when many think of the gym a feeling of utter dread comes over them, it's somewhere people put off atending, because let's be honest, it can be very boring..but, It doesn't have to be. Today's post is here to help you fall in love with the gym (or at least like it a tiny bit more).

source
1. Music!!
I feel like having new music to listen to makes a gym experience 100x better, rather than listening to the same boring music all over again, or worse, having no music at all. I love listening to music with a certain amount of BPM (beats per minute) to really push myself - yes I do believe that music can make me work a lot harder. If you can't be spending many pennies on some new tunes, but have wifi/3G/4G in your gym, just go onto youtube and search for workout music - this is something I've been doing a lot recently! 

2. Dress to impress (yourself)
Wearing clothing you feel super good and comfortable in makes going to the gym feel like a much better experience. It's sad but true!
Why not treat yourself to a new pair of trainer socks?

3. Challenge yourself, but not too much...
If you have a bad experience in the gym, for example, the feeling of failure at not being able to do your fitness program, it can really put you off ever trying again. It's so important that you work to your best ability, but make it realistic.
 I love using the SMART goal approach when setting myself targets. You can learn about SMART goals and how to set them here
It's important that we gradually build on our fitness - It's not something that happens over night, so give yourself a break...you are doing good!

4. Mix it up.
Doing the same old repetitive exercise all the time is boring (and your body will get used to it, so you'll stop noticing improvements in your body/fitness). MY TIP: Mix it up! Ask your gym instructor for some new workouts to try out - having a new set of exercises/equipment to take on makes it so much more exciting!

There are some of my tips! 
-> I will be sharing with you my gym routine soon!

Do you like the gym? Or is it your worst enemy?
Let me know your thoughts...

Speak to you lot on Saturday - enjoy the rest of week! 

Lots of Love,

      



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Dressing up really helps me to go to the gym as well as music! xx

    www.adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Dressing nicely and having good music makes the gym experience much better! xx

      Delete