Hello Happy You!

January 02, 2016

As much as I do adore the festive season, it can really do harm to my body (yes I've over indulged on the chocolates and I'm happy to admit it.) It's a new year now, so it's time to start fresh. I am not here to lecture the importance of cutting out the junk, because lets face it, we're going to treat ourselves sometimes and that is TOTALLY fine. I want this post to be some type of guidance to having a healthy/happy start to the year. 

This first post of 2016 is here to kick start your year in a positive way (and for me also to kick start my path as a fitness/health/lifestyle blogger). 

 Bra : Here | Top : Here | Leggings : Here
I have in the past suffered with the 'January Blues' and I know lots of you guys do too, but January is such a fabulous month - It has so much potential (not to sound cliche) to be a fresh start.
Let's start 2016 on a happy path. 

1. Hello exercise! 
As much as you may hate or love it, exercising is so important. Don't worry, there's more to exercise than circuits, spin and the gym. There is something out there for everyone. Experiment and find the right exercise for you...remember exercise can be fun!

2. Veggie love...
Chuck out the Christmas chocolates and sweeties (or store them safe for emergencies) and let's get eating those good foods. Eating healthily really changes how you feel inside. I will be honest, I am a sucker for chocolate, chocolate cake, chips, pizza etc and I will not be cutting them OUT of my diet, just cutting them DOWN. My best tip is: enjoy your food, but in moderation.

3. DRINK!!!
No, not alcohol. No, not sodas. Water. Drinking water is so important to ensure good health, good skin, good hair etc. It's a blessing! I will admit that I seriously need to improve my water drinking habits this year.

4. Enjoy.
There are so many 'healthy rules' that it can be way too overwhelming. I know changing your lifestyle can be extremely difficult, so don't do anything radical. At the end of the day enjoying is so much more important, so if a change in lifestyle is something you hate, don't do it. Remember that treats are allowed. I couldn't go a week without bread or chocolate. 

5. Positive Mind = Positive Life.
Having a positive, happy outlook on life is so important to your health and to your life. Remember to take time to focus on keeping a positive mind; whether this means going for a walk in the fresh air, having a shopping trip or baking a chocolate cake - focus on having some 'you' time. Appreciate all the good things in your life and look at where changes need to be made to make you happier. 

I hope you found these little tips helpful!

Make 2016 YOUR year!

I am so excited to make Haia Eve into more of a fitness & lifestyle blog in 2016 (with the odd beauty post/review) - Thanks for all the support last year!

Lots of Love,

      


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looking forward to reading more of your fitness posts, Eve! : ) Happy New Year - I hope it's fabulous for you. xo

    Jessie | allthingsbeautiful-x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Happy New Year to you too, let's hope it's a brilliant one, filled with good health & happiness for you xxx

      Delete
  2. Lovely tips! So positive which is something I think everyone needs at the start of the year! x

    heldtogetherbypins.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Paige! Hope you have a great 2016 xx

      Delete