BLOGMAS#13 - D.I.Y PERSONAL GIFT BAGS

December 13, 2014

Hey everyone!

We're officially half way through Blogmas! I cannot believe it!!

Today I'm going to be sharing with you a simple gift bag D.I.Y that shows that just that little more thought went into it. 

The end result should be something like this...



Basically, my idea was to add the initial of the person you're giving the gift bag to on the front in sparkles and that's what I did.

Interested in how I made it? 

You'll need: 



  1. A gift bag - I went for a small plain white one
  2. Glitter (and lots of it!) - used to give the letter a winter wonderland effect!
  3. Plain paper - used to make a stencil
  4. A pencil
  5. Scissors
  6. Glue


Let's do this...


 Firstly, using your paper and a pencil draw out the letter you're going to be using in whatever style you'd like. Once you've done cut the letter out without causing too much damage to the paper as that's what you'll be using as a stencil and not the letter you've cut out itself!



To close up any cuts in the paper I used sticky tape. Once you're completely happy with your stencil, place it into position and apply glue onto the space that has been cut out. Be generous with the glue- you want the glitter to stick!



Glitter time! After applying the glue, go mad! Sprinkle that glitter all over the area. Be generous with the glitter! 



After leaving it dry and peeling off the stencil you should be left with something like the above! 

If you're worried about the glitter coming off, apply a top coat of PVA glue!

There we have it! Make sure you give it a go!


THANKS FOR READING!

Eve xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments