BLOGMAS#5 - F4F#22 - How exercise can make you happier

December 05, 2014

I was in a fitness class yesterday after a long and emotionally draining day of school, and I thought to myself: why am I here?

I view myself as a very happy and positive person on the whole, but somehow this last week I haven't been feeling so positive. The strain of revising for exams and also the troubles that friendships bring that have left me quite lonely have been having a bit effect on my mind set. It has been harder to present myself as I normally would and has become a lot easier to have a cry. 

Going back to yesterday and that all important question, I'll tell you at the beginning I did consider sneaking out the room to go an sit down contemplating what had gone wrong in whatever tests I had done. I finally came to my senses and made myself stay, reminding myself 'I'd feel better for it'. And I did. 

There is something that exercise does for me that makes me feel filled with happiness and appreciation for life. It's my hobby. My enjoyment. It's a way for me to express myself and to release any negative feelings felt in the day by working hard. 

Leaving the class, I felt so much better than I had when I had gone in. I felt a sense of release. 

Exercise is a truly powerful and beautiful thing. It comes in many different forms; whether you'd prefer to go for a run, go to the gym, swim, go to a fitness class etc. and the benefits that come with it are never ending.

Next time you're feeling down in the dumps or stressed, put on some music and have a boogie. You'll feel better for it. 


image - ukpersonaltrainers.com

THANKS FOR READING!
HAPPY FRIDAY!

Eve xx


You Might Also Like

0 comments